Treatment at The Private Brian Unit is led by specialist consultants, who with other expert healthcare professionals form a multidisciplinary team. This means that patients receive care for all aspects of their treatment from targeting the tumour to dietary needs and psychological support.
Consultant led care
Your consultant is an expert in the treatment of brain tumours, they have made the decision to focus their expertise in this area so that they can provide the most experienced and tailored care for each of their patients. They will lead and guide a team of healthcare professionals to ensure you get the best possible treatment.
- Dr Paul Mulholland Oncologist See profile
- Dr Naomi Fersht Neuro-oncology and technical radiotherapy See profile
The multidisciplinary team
A multidisciplinary team consists of healthcare professionals working together to ensure all aspects of patient care are consistent and tailored to provide the best possible treatment at each stage.
At The Private Brain Unit patients benefit from a clinical nurse specialist (CNS) who acts as a key worker for each patient, providing a consistent, knowledgeable and supportive point of contact throughout your treatment.
Patients have access to:
- Expert consultants
- Clinical nurse specialist (CNS)
- Specialist nursing support
- Symptom and supportive care team
- Experienced radiotherapy and radiosurgery staff
- Physiotherapists providing tailored treatment
- Speech and language therapists (SALT)
- Occupational therapists (OT)
- Comprehensive psychological support
- Complementary therapists
- Dedicated international team
- Administration office
- Support services provided by the onsite Macmillan information centre